Monday, June 16, 2014

06/16/2014

This week I learned a lot of lessons. As usual. A lot of fun learning patience and humility. A lot in learning how to deal with problems and situations with love and finding the most Christlike solution. Some of these were in how I responded to a snark comment about or to us on a bus. Some were in dealing with the silent frustration of sitting next to two chatter-boxes during an important meeting. 

This week was Stake conference! And Thailand created a second Stake of Zion! So cool! But I will be honest; I didn't get much from the adult session on Saturday night. But the spiritual debate I had in my heart the entire meeting was exactly what I needed. I wanted to ask them to be quiet, but I didn't know if that was something a representative of Christ would need to do. I pondered how to deal with this situation, how to tap him on the shoulder and gently and lovingly silence them. God was teaching me how to teach or 'reprove'. I didn't have to reprove anybody on Saturday but I feel like I have a much better understanding of D&C 121 and when the time will come when I must reprove someone I will be able to do it with more love and gentleness.

No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—
Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

We've been diligent and busy this week, but managed to get no new investigators. On Sunday I asked Elder Wilson how I can improve. He told me to pray more and with real intent. He said that sometimes we get caught up in the work and get busy and forget that this is His work and he asks us to help him so we can grow. He said the easiest way to do the work is to have God give you a miracle. Have Him place the people in your path. So pray more diligently and with more energy of heart.

I love being able to have leaders or "heroes". Just like President Eyring explained we all have heroes. And we are all role models, whether we are a good one, an okay one, or a bad one is up to us. I love to be able to ask someone else who understands more than me instead of have to learn through years of experience myself. It gives me drive to be better because I never know who else I may be a hero to. (This is my Father's Day pitch. Everyone, look up to your father, and do the things that will make him proud. And ALWAYS remember your Heavenly Father. If you feel distant from Him, think of your earthly one. Do the thinks that will make both of them proud.)

I have a new niece! Emmeline Rose Troxel was born on June 10, 2014!

My favorite scripture this week:
Be thou humble;
And the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand,
And give thee answers to thy prayers.

Elder Osborn

Okay! This is Sister Air's baptism. Sister Air is the older one and the other girl is Elder Winsor and Elder Sayavong's investigator. Both are super solid. Air was definitely prepared.

This is a picture of a grabber thing I picked up one day for 20 baht (66 cents). I untied Elder Sayavong's shoe and got the entire lace off while he was telling a story.
Look! No hands! I've been grabbing everything with this little guy all week!

Look at these monster eggs! They're some kind of fruit, they taste like lynchee but not quite as sweet. I bought them mostly so I could eat them and enjoy ripping into these monster eggs! It's way fun to open em! You just wrench em open!

Here's my desk before planning. See that cotton candy? Yeah, that's not cotton candy, that is pork candy. It's basically the same thing, just made out of a pig instead of sugar! It tastes like cotton candy too! Actually probably more delicious! And you wrap it up in this taco thing and eat it! It's like were back in mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment