Sunday, November 9, 2014

11/09/2014

Dear everybody,

So not too much to say, except we had a baptism yesterday!!!! Sister Apple who we started teaching last Sunday was baptized!!! She made her decision before our second lesson. Her conversion and everything else that happened this week was very similar to this phrase in the bible dictionary --


"True faith brings miracles, visions, dreams, healings, and all the gifts of God that he gives to his Saints. By faith one obtains a remission of sins and eventually is able to dwell in God’s presence."


I saw, in my life and in the lives of members and investigators every single one of these things happen this week. 

I feel so blessed to serve the Lord as a representative of Him and His Church. This is the greatest opportunity in the entire world. From all of the miracles and things I've witnessed and seen on my mission I can finally say that I know this is God's kingdom on the earth, established to prepare for the second coming of the Messiah. There is no more doubt in my mind.

Yesterday our Branch President asked all of the missionaries in the Branch to speak. He assigned me to speak on forgiveness. I focused it on forgiving others. Because there are a handful of members who have said that if a specific less active member comes back to church they will stop coming. WHAT!????!!! Are you kidding me?
So I spoke on how we receive forgiveness from the Lord and how that forgiveness is based on the prerequisite of us forgiving others. 

It's so sad that sometimes we plea and beg for forgiveness from Him, but then we try to refuse the healing power of the Atonement to others by failing to forgive fully. All it does is leave the unforgiving with the larger sin.

I am so grateful for the atonement and it's power in healing us and lifting us.

Elder Osborn


This is ลอยกระธง or the lantern festival!! Do you remember the pictures from last year? Well, sad story, they banned the floating lanterns in most of the country because they are dangerous. (something to do with airplanes). So it was just the floating lantern festival.

I apologize for my scary face in this picture.


We went harvesting rice!!!! Look! I have a sickle!! And sheaves. I learned a lot about missionary work as we did this!

And afterwards my favorite meal!!!! With my favorite leaf! And grilled frogs, which we caught, gutted, and then grilled and ate!!! ( I didn't do much of anything but eat it) The Thais did most of it for us.


And this is Sister Apple's baptism!!! She is so solid! Really excited to see where she goes from here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment